Paramhansa Yogananda wrote, “Meditation is the highest form of activity a person can perform.” It is one of the most natural and rewarding of all human activities. It gives direct, intuitive experience of higher consciousness, and is the cornerstone of deep spirituality. It also brings balance, rest and growing inner peace.
This course is open to anyone who wishes to learn to meditate, regardless of religious or spiritual background. Whether or not you are new to meditation, these lessons can help you establish and develop a deep, consistent practice and help awaken within the peace, joy and divine love that are a part of your true nature.
This course is a step one out of four on the Path of Kriya Yoga
It can be done also as a standalone Learn to Meditate course.
About The Course
This course is highly comprehensive and you will learn the basics of meditation from “how to sit comfortably in meditation” to “experiencing feelings of deep peace and joy”.
In Learn to Meditate course, you will learn:
- Powerful concentration technique of Hong Sau
- Practical suggestions on how to sit comfortably for meditation
- How to still the restless mind
- The importance of breath/mind connection and the power of the focused mind
- Basic principles for controlling and increasing your physical and mental energy
- How to take experiences of peace and joy in meditation into daily life
The Course Fee: ₹ 1000/-
The course fee includes:
- 14 lessons (a combination of instructive videos and reading materials) – Accessible for 8 weeks
- Two Live classes – Each class will cover guided meditation, lecture and Q&A
- Lessons in Meditation as a textbook (It will be couriered to you)
- Downloadable audio file of guided meditation
- Personal mentoring
- Your personal mentor will be available to guide you in your practice and answer your questions. We encourage you to stay in touch with your mentor throughout the duration of the course.
Completion of the Course:
- You will be required to submit answers to two quizzes for completing the course.
- Completion of this course is a prerequisite for enrolling Kriya Yoga Meditation – The Art and Science of Raja Yoga (Level 2).
Sign Up For
Learn to Meditate – The Path of Kriya Yoga Level 1
Starts with an orientation (zoom meeting) on Sunday, 14 November, 6:00 – 6:30 pm
Including live classes on Sundays, 28 November and 12 December, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
Last day to register: Sunday, 21 November
About The Teachers
Sachi Vajani joined Ananda Sangha Delhi in 2016. She has been a Kriyaban since 2017, and a Yoga Alliance certified Ananda Yoga teacher. She regularly leads yoga, meditation and other special classes and workshops. She also serves as part of the Healing Prayer team. Sachi has been also instrumental in coordinating seva activities at the ashram. Professionally, Sachi is an artist specialized in canvas painting.
Hari Sudhan has been serving at Ananda Sangha Delhi full time since 2016. He is one of the main teachers for Kriya Yoga Meditation Basic Course and the Art and Science of Raja Yoga. Hari works closely with students in and outside of the class, assisting them to prepare for receiving Kriya Yoga Initiation. He has been practicing Kriya Yoga since 2008. Previously, Hari worked as an architect for 10 years. He has a Bachelor of Architecture from Anna University.
What Others Say About This Course
Choosing to do basic course turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. It helped me understand basics of meditation like proper posture, different ways of sitting and how to breathe correctly. It also introduced me to Superconscious Living Exercises with which I could feel instant upliftment of energy. This course helped me set up a daily meditation routine and view life from a different lens. I started feeling calmer, happier, special and inspired inside. The inner smile and gratitude stay longer and keep me strong even in challenging times. This course is like enrolling oneself in school of life and is for everyone.
Before coming to Ananda, my spiritual life and my life in general was a mess. I had tried meditation for months but couldn’t get anywhere with free resources on the Internet.
Kriya Basic Course gave me direction, proper techniques and friends whom I could talk to when I had doubts.
If you feel the slightest pull towards meditation, I’d recommend you go for it. You’ll be amazed how simple meditation practices can give you immense benefits and fill your life with joy!
Who we are
Ananda Sangha Delhi is a place dedicated to sharing the spirit and teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, author of “Autobiography of a Yogi.” We offer classes for the path of Kriya Yoga, Sunday satsang, morning and evening guided meditations, healing prayer sessions, Ananda Yoga workshops and more.
Due to Covid-19, all classes and programs are currently offered only online. The ashram is open for limited hours, by appointment only. Know more about the programs at Ananda Sangha Delhi
For inquiries, please contact Deepika 9899210186 or Roshu 9899200605